In certain scenarios Enable is required to gain consent before we can install our fibre broadband network. Each property owner has a clear set of rights that are attached to their land, and if they do not want to give consent we do not have any rights to and will not be able to proceed with the installation.
Articles in this section
- Why do I need to provide consent for fibre to be installed?
- Online consent forms are the easiest way to provide your consent
- What gives Enable the right to make decisions about a shared accessway or right of way that I own?
- I am a landlord. What happens if my tenants tell you they have consent, but they don’t?
- My landlord/neighbour refuses to sign consent. What are my options to get connected?
- My tenant has asked me for consent for a fibre install – what happens if I don’t want to sign it?
- I am a landlord - will Enable show me their plans before I provide consent?