We visit each shared accessway and right of way to plan our work. Each job is then classed as category 1, 2, or 3 depending on the level of impact the work is likely to have on the shared accessway or right of way.
Articles in this section
- I rent my house. Can I get fibre?
- Why do I need to provide consent for fibre to be installed?
- Can I change the date you’re scheduled to do the build in my accessway so I can be home?
- I’ve spoken to Enable and objected to their planned work in my shared accessway, and I’m still not happy with the outcome. What can I do?
- Can I have the category of work in my shared accessway or right of way changed?
- How does Enable decide what property access build category my shared accessway or right of way is?
- How can Enable do work on a property I own without my consent?
- What are the different build categories in shared accessways/right of ways and what do they mean?
- I’m not happy with the planned work in my shared accessway or right of way. What can I do?
- I’ve ordered fibre so why are you notifying my neighbours on my shared accessway or right of way?