To access the Christchurch Free Wi-Fi:
- Ensure you are within the coverage area for the Wi-Fi network ‘Christchurch Free’
- On your chosen device, select ‘Settings’ then ‘Wi-Fi’
- Select the network ‘Christchurch Free’
- You will be taken to a login page (see example image). By selecting ‘Get Online’ you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
4. Once connected, you will be taken to the Christchurch City Council homepage. You are now connected to our city Wi-Fi network, offering four hours of fast free internet per login session.
Important: This service is free of charge. You do not need to register and therefore we will never ask you for any personal information including credit card details when you login to use our Wi-Fi network.
Having trouble connecting? Check out our troubleshooting page for help.
To report a fault with the Christchurch Free Wi-Fi, please call the Christchurch City Council on 03 941 8999 (0800 800 169) and select option 2.