We have conducted security testing and a configuration audit on the Wi-Fi network to ensure the security of the network. However, like other open Wi-Fi networks there are risks that you must be mindful of.
We recommend following security guidelines and practices for a safe online experience:
- Always make sure you are connecting to the correct Wi-Fi network – ‘Christchurch Free’
- Do not provide any personal details or credit card details when you are connecting to the Christchurch Free Wi-Fi service – this is not required.
- Make sure your computer or mobile phone are patched to the latest security level
- Always check the padlock sign when visiting websites
- Make sure your antivirus program is operational
- We recommend you use Virtual Private Network (VPN) software if you want to access any confidential systems or use your mobile data
- Install software only from trusted sources, for example the Google Play store or the Apple App store
Further information about the security of the network can be found in the Terms and Conditions.