This article is for customers connecting a home that already has fibre installed.
Once you have placed your order for Enable fibre broadband, we'll send you the details to check you have the equipment connected correctly. We'll then advise you when your connection has been activated.
Check all equipment is present
1. Check all equipment is present
You should already have fibre equipment (an ONT) installed inside your house or garage. Look for either a white or black Huawei branded box – see the images below. You need to locate this equipment prior to your connection date. If any of it is missing, please call us on 0800 434 273 between 8am-5pm Monday to Friday so we can replace it.
Examples of your setup:
Ensure your equipment is connected correctly
2. Ensure your equipment is connected correctly
To make the connection process as smooth as possible, please ensure your equipment is connected
as per the images above.
Connecting the fibre modem to the ONT
3. Connecting the fibre modem to the Optical Network Terminal (ONT)
Once you receive your fibre-capable modem from your internet provider, you will be able to establish a broadband connection on the confirmed date for your service to be activated. When you receive the confirmation message from us advising your fibre broadband service has been activated, you can initiate your connection by following these steps:
- Using the cable supplied with the wireless modem, plug the modem into the applicable LAN
port on the ONT. The LAN ports are labelled LAN1–LAN4, as per the picture below.
- The applicable ONT LAN port number will be specified in the confirmation message you receive from us.
- To confirm which port on the modem to plug the cable into, please refer to the modem documentation supplied by your provider.
- If you have no lights or a flashing red LOS light, please call Enable on 0800 434 273 as we may need to book a technician to complete the installation.
If you have also ordered a telephone service (sometimes called voice over fibre or voice over IP), your hone will generally be plugged into the port labelled TEL1. Depending on your provider this could either be the TEL1 port on the ONT or the Wi-Fi modem, but please ensure you contact your internet provider to walk you through connecting your phone.