This article is for customers connecting a home that already has fibre installed.
Once you have placed your order for Enable fibre broadband, we'll send you the details to check you have the equipment connected correctly. We'll then advise you when your connection has been activated.
Check all equipment is present
1. Check all fibre equipment is present, prior to your connection date
You should already have fibre equipment (an ONT) installed inside your house or inside a home distribution box inside your garage. Look for either a white or black Huawei branded box – see the images below.
You need to locate this equipment prior to your connection date.
If any of it is missing, including the black power supply unit, please call us on 0800 434 273 as soon as possible so we can replace it for you.
Examples of your setup:
Ensure your equipment is connected correctly
2. Ensure your equipment is connected correctly
To make the connection process as smooth as possible, please ensure your equipment is connected
as per the images above. By ensuring your equipment is plugged in and ready to go, we'll be able to automatically activate your connection on your requested date.
Connecting the fibre modem to the ONT
3. Connecting your modem to the ONT
To complete your equipment setup, you’ll need a fibre-capable modem. This will most likely have been sent to you by your internet provider and needs to be plugged into your ONT for you to access the internet.
On your agreed service date, we will activate your fibre broadband connection and send you a confirmation message. This message will also let you know which LAN port on the ONT has been activated.
You'll be able to initiate your connection by following these steps:
- Your modem will come with a cable, and your internet provider will have given instructions on where to connect this on the modem. Please refer to the modem documentation supplied by your provider.
- Using that cable, now connect the modem to the LAN port on the ONT. The applicable ONT LAN port number will be specified in the confirmation message you receive from us. The LAN ports are labelled LAN1-LAN4, as per the picture below.
If you have no lights or a flashing red LOS light, please call Enable on 0800 434 273 as we may need to book a technician to complete the installation.
- We’ll detect when your ONT is online and send you a text message to confirm your connection is activated. Should your connection
not activate, we’ll let you know to check your setup.
If you have also ordered a telephone service (sometimes called voice over fibre or voice over IP), your phone will generally be plugged into the port labelled TEL1 (refer image above), and will work shortly after your broadband is activated. Depending on your provider this could either be the TEL1 port on the ONT or the modem. Please ensure you contact your internet provider in the first instance, if you're experiencing issues with your telephone service.